Thursday 9 February 2012

Brush, floss, rinse and repeat?



I really want to know how many people out there still floss their teeth. I for one didn’t use to until my dentist told me off and found that I had cavities. I remember being little and having the dentist come to school and talk to us about brushing our teeth, flossing and just how to keep them healthy. But how many people floss? Brushing my teeth, yes. Rinsing my mouth with mouthwash, yes. But flossing?

I never knew that brushing your teeth consisted of only being about 25% clean and that’s why you need to floss and use mouthwash after. I’ve definitely learnt my lesson as I went to the dentist the other day to get 3 cavities filled in, she basically numbed the left side of my mouth, and it was the funniest feeling ever. It was so numb and she told me that it would last 2 hours, she lied, it lasted 5. She also told me that you couldn’t see it, you could only feel it. She lied again. I met up with a friend afterwards and she started laughing at me because she said it looked like I just had botox, because one side of my lip was so puffy and the other side wasn’t.

Although it didn’t hurt, I’m just going to brush, floss and rinse with mouthwash so next time I go there I can be like, “SEE……. CLEAN!”

Do you still floss? Let me know and leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. YES! Flossing is extremely important. The combination of brushing teeth and flossing not only reduces your trips to the dentist but also helps eliminate bad breath.

    ReplyDelete