Tuesday 14 August 2012

Dear diary: Customer service is just so bad!


Yesterday I went out, I decided to go to the shops to buy a couple of gifts for my friend for her birthday this weekend. I wanted to create a little gift box for her, if you guys don’t know, I love making gifts and making it personal and just getting all artsy crafty, if that makes sense. Here’s a link of a gift idea I came up with if you want to check it out. http://lalalinee.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/nifty-gift-idea.html

I mean okay, I’m prepared to deal with rude people, like I know not everybody out there is going to be nice or treat customers or people in general the way they should be treated, maybe because they’ve had previous bad experiences with other customers but can I just say, not every customer is going to be rude. I mean, I feel like I blog about retailing all the time because I’m just so shocked with how bad customer service is. I get that you have a job to do but it takes 2 seconds to say hello when somebody walks into the store, you don’t even have to ask if I need help with anything but just greet me and then you can get back to doing whatever you have to do.

I think in retail it’s so important to be nice and not to judge, I mean at the end of the day, you’re trying to make a sale and trust me I walked out of so many stores yesterday because customer service was just that bad, I was all ready to pay for what I wanted, too bad they took too long talking to each other about their hair.

For me, it does bother me that people can just be so rude, but worse for them because I will never walk into those stores again and it just creates a bad image for them.

Too bad, so sad is all I can say.

I'd love to know is it just me or is customer service pretty bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment