Friday 29 June 2012

Dear diary: People are so judgmental..


You know the days where you just don't feel like working and you're just so tired and your body just wants to sleep and never wake up, well not never but just rest up until you’re ready? I am so in that mood right now.

I think one thing that is hard to do is to be nice to people when you’re so tired and you’re having one of those please leave me alone moments. Something I’ve definitely worked on over the years and growing up helps.

Today at work, I served this lady who looked quite tired and sick and in general, if you saw somebody like that on the street, you wouldn’t approach them. She was quite unusual and when speaking to her she was a bit slow with things. I’ve dealt with so many different people and this lady was so shocked at the way I treated her, she was surprised that I was so nice and I took the time to serve her and help her find the things she wanted, which when I thought about it, it really broke my heart especially when she started telling me that people around this area that I worked, would look at her weirdly and shudder when they saw her and didn’t want to serve her because of the way she looked. I just felt so bad because I know what it’s like to be treated like you’re not wanted at a store and people eyeing you down, making sure you don’t steal and it sucks and it’s such a shame that there are so many people out there still that just judge people. I think there is a huge difference in being genuinely scared to serve somebody and just being rude and 99% of the time I find, they’re just rude.

I talked to the lady about what she was telling me and we started talking about how being in your 20’s to 30’s would be the best part of your life before you started feeling unwell, your body starts slowing down and it just goes to show that you should never judge people and I’m so glad I didn’t because she really was such a wonderful lady who thought about her kids and her partner (as she was buying things for them) I even had another lady walk past and whisper to me that she wasn’t going to buy anything and that she had no money, well she bought $60 worth of stuff and maybe people should just be nicer, I know for one I wouldn’t spend my money in a place that didn’t give me good service, I’ve walked out of so many stores just because  they didn’t greet me and I was the only person in there, picked up a piece of jewellery  and wanted to buy it and because I didn’t get that service, they didn’t get my money.

Like I say, never judge people because you never know what somebody has been through.

All my love guys, will blog again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment